14 Sep 14 September 2015
GREATER JAX USO
******* CFC# 97347 ******
IN THIS ISSUE: Brumos, Southern Women’s Show, Mayport “No Dough” Dinner, Hiring Our Heroes, Roy Miller and the Hitsquad Military Appreciation Football Camp, Web.com Tour Championship, 2015 Jacksonville Jaguars, NAS Jax “No Dough” Dinner, NMCRS Budget for Baby Class, Web.com Tour tickets, Jacksonville Marine Corps ½ Marathon and Freedom 5K.
BRUMOS PROMOTION- NOW UNTIL NOVEMBER 11TH
Stop by and make a donation to the Greater Jacksonville Area US now through November 11th and Brumos Automotive will match donations up to $10,000. Donations can be made in person or online at brumos.com.
SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW- TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Looking for a fun experience of pampering and fun? Stop by the NAS Jax and Mayport USO offices to purchase discounted tickets to the Southern Women’s Show that will be held October 15th-18th at the Prime Osborn Convention Center. Tickets are $6 each/cash only and are on sale now. Discounted tickets are open to Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, Retirees, and dependents. Visit southernwomensshow.com for more information.
MAYPORT USO “NO DOUGH DINNER”- MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
Monday, September 14th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the Mayport USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner”. This is free for Active Duty Service Members and their immediate families. The wonderful staff and volunteers will serve shepherds pie, salad, rolls, and dessert . Thank you to the “Telecris Plasma Resources” for sponsoring this meal.
HIRING OUR HEROES- SEPTEMBER 14TH-15TH
Open to all military spouses, veterans, and service members, Hiring Our Heroes is hosting a job fair and workshop September 14th-15th. See attached flyer for more information.
ROY MILLER AND THE HITSQUAD MILITARY APPRECIATION FOOTBALL CAMP- SEPTEMBER 21ST
Military kids ages 8-13 will learn technique, life skills, and football fundamentals at this free military appreciation football camp. The camp will be held at Naval Station Mayport on September 21st from 5:30PM-7:30PM. Visit roymillersalutes.eventbrite.com to register. For more information, call (904) 270- 7198.
WEB.COM TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP- DISCOUNTED TICKETS ON SALE NOW
The Web.com Tour Championship October 1st-4th and military and their dependents get in FREE. Discounted tickets for non-military are available online by visiting www.teeitupforcharitytickets.com and using the code GREATERJAXUSO. Discounted tickets are available for $29 with $25 coming back as a donation to the Greater Jacksonville Area USO. Discounted tickets are open to everyone.
*See note below for Military Free Admission Policy.
Schedule of events:
Military Appreciation Day presented by Chase – Friday, October 2
TPC Sawgrass lawn | 7 p.m.
The Military Appreciation Day presented by Chase will take place on the back lawn of the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse.
Uncle Kracker Concert presented by Legacy Trust Family Wealth Offices
TPC Sawgrass lawn | 7:30 p.m.
The Uncle Kracker Concert presented by Legacy Trust Family Wealth Offices will take place on the back lawn of TPC Sawgrass.
Uncle Kracker’s 2000 major label debut, “Double Wide”, went double-platinum and yielded #1 smash “Follow Me.” His 2002 follow-up, “No Stranger to Shame,” reached gold status and spawned cross-format hits such as “In a Little While” and the powerful cover of Dobie Gray’s “Drift Away.”
All active duty, veterans, Reserve and military retirees and their dependents will receive complimentary tournament admission to the Web.com Tour Championship, Oct. 1-4. To receive complimentary admission, eligible military must bring valid ID to the will call tent to receive their ticket. Valid military ID must also be presented at the Patriots’ Outpost for admission from Thursday-Sunday.
2015 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- SEE ATTACHED SCHEDULE FOR SALE DATES
Tickets for the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Dolphins game are on sale now. * Tickets are $20 each cash only and will include a meal voucher and access to a private USO lounge.
JAGUARS TICKET GUIDELINES
1. Jaguar Ticket sales will begin at NOON at the MAYPORT AND NAS JAX USO Centers and at SUBASE Kings Bay Off Crew Building per the above schedule. Price is $20.00 per ticket (cash only) – All ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS, FLA NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVE PERSONNEL, RETIREES, and DEPENDENTS are eligible to purchase/use these tickets.
2. Military personnel with authorized dependents may buy a MAXIMUM of 4 tickets IF member and dependents equals 4, if you have less than 4 you may only purchase total for family, NOT 4, i.e. 1 for the service member and 3 for authorized dependents, only 2 if just military member and spouse, etc. Spouses may purchase tickets for military personnel, but under no circumstances are dependent children authorized to represent the service member/spouse to purchase tickets. Larger families desiring to purchase in excess of 4 tickets must be approved by the USO Center Director.
3. Single service members may purchase a MAXIMUM of 2 tickets, one for their use and one for a guest. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. For deployable commands, a request for a “block of game day tickets” may be requested by CO/XO/CMC only to the Executive Director. These blocks may be approved for commands either deploying or returning during the season. Requests, with justification, must be sent to Mike O’Brien, Executive Director at email@example.com .
5. If anyone is caught purchasing excess tickets or reselling tickets he/she will be prohibited from buying any more tickets for the entire season.
6. THANK YOU for your support and we appreciate everyone’s honesty/integrity to ensure only authorized personnel purchase these tickets which ensures everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the NFL Experience. A special Thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their continued and exceptional support of our military and their families.
7. No over the phone transactions, tickets are first come, first served.
NAS JAX “NO DOUGH” DINNER- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH
Wednesday, September 30TH from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the NAS JAX USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner” at FRA #91 located at 5391 Collins Road. This is free for Active Duty, National Guard, and their dependents. USO staff and volunteers will be serving lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and dessert. Thank you “RIVERSIDE ROTARY” for sponsoring this dinner.
BUDGET FOR BABY NMCRS- ONGOING
Are you expecting a little bundle of joy?
The Navy Marine Corps Relief Society at Mayport hosts a budget for baby class on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 1:00PM-2:30PM. To sign up for a class at Mayport, call (904) 270-5418 ext. 1504. Upon completion of the class, you’ll receive a baby’s first sea bag that includes free baby items and a handmade baby blanket.
The Navy Marine Corps Relief Society at NAS Jacksonville hosts the budget for baby class at 10:00AM on the first Wednesday of the month and at 6:00PM on the 3rd Thursday of each month. To register for a class at NAS Jacksonville, call (904) 542-3515. Upon completion of the class, you’ll receive a baby’s first sea bag that includes free baby items and a handmade baby blanket.
JACKSONVILLE MARINE CORPS ½ MARATHON AND FREEDOM 5K- OCTOBER 3RD
Calling all runners! The Jacksonville Marine Corps ½ Marathon and Freedom 5k is coming up on October 3rd. Race registration forms are available at the NAS Jax USO office or online at www.1stplacesports.com. Visit https://www.crowdrise.com/USOJacksonville to turn all of your miles into USO moments by creating a fundraiser for the Greater Jacksonville Area USO. As an added incentive, everyone who raises $100 or more will receive a Greater Jacksonville Area USO technical shirt for the big race. For more information, call (904) 778-2821.
MASSAGE ENVY ONE MILLIONTH MASSAGE GIVEAWAY- ENTER TO WIN BY NOVEMBER 11TH
To celebrate their 1,000,000 massages and ten years serving the Jacksonville area, Massage Envy is giving away a year of FREE massages to one Active Duty or Retired Military member. Visit www.jaxuso.org for details and registration.
NOSA OF MAYPORT 2015 HOLIDAY BAZAAR- REGISTER NOW
The annual NOSA Holiday Bazaar will be Saturday, November 7th from 9 am to 2 pm. NOSA of Mayport is now accepting vendor/ yard seller registration. For more information, contact Cheri O’Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the numerous programs for our active duty personnel and family members, each USO Center (Mayport, NAS JAX, and JIA) offer:
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>Free Notary services (NAS and Mayport Centers ONLY).
- Free Fax services
- Free Copier services
- Free Internet services
SIGN-UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER: email@example.com SHARE WITH FRIENDS! If you would like to unsubscribe to this newsletter please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and email address!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JaxUSO
Follow us on Twitter @USOJAX
NAS JAX USO CENTER
P.O. Box 108, Bldg 1050
Jacksonville, FL 32212-0108
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org
MAYPORT USO CENTER
2560 Mayport Road
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
USO WELCOME CENTER
Jacksonville International Airport
Main Terminal, First Floor
Open 7 days a week from 7 am to 11 pm
Jim Bury – Director
904-305-4467(cell) or 904-741-6655
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org