05 Oct 5 October 2015
GREATER JAX USO
******* CFC# 97347 ******
JAGUARS VS TEXANS TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH AT NOON AT THE NAS JAX AND MAYPORT USO OFFICES AND FROM 12:00PM-1:00PM AT THE OFF CREW BUILDING AT KINGS BAY.
IN THIS ISSUE: Jaguar Ticket Drawing, Mayport “No Dough” Dinner, RPM Automotive, Comedy Zone, Jaxtoberfest, NAS Jax “No Dough” Dinner, Southern Women’s Show, 2015 Jacksonville Jaguars, Brumos, Massage Envy Giveaway.
JAGUAR TICKET DRAWING- DEADLINE TO ENTER IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH AT 12:00PM
The Greater Jacksonville Area USO is doing a ticket drawing for a pair of tickets to the Jaguars vs. Buccaneers AWAY game on Sunday, October 11th. The drawing is open to ACTIVE DUTY, NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVISTS, AND DEPENDENTS. The deadline to enter is Wednesday, October 7th at NOON. One entry per family regardless of dual status. To enter, email: email@example.com with the following:
MAYPORT USO “NO DOUGH DINNER”- MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH
Monday, October 5th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the Mayport USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner”. This is free for Active Duty Service Members and their immediate families. The wonderful staff and volunteers will serve meatloaf, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, peas, roll, salad, dessert. Thank you to the “FRA #290” for sponsoring this meal.
RPM AUTOMOTIVE- OCTOBER
For the entire month of October, you can support the Greater Jacksonville Area USO by having your car serviced at RPM Automotive. Military receive 10% off automotive services up to $50. See attached flyer for more information.
COMEDY ZONE- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8TH
The Comedy Zone in Mandarin is hosting a FREE military night for ACTIVE and RETIRED military on Thursday, October 8th. Doors open at 7:00PM and the show starts at 8:00PM. Enjoy a night of laughs while you enjoy an evening with John Caparulo. Comedian John Caparulo has been on CMT’s Salute to the Troops, Blue Collar Comedy with Bill Engvall, E!’s Chelsea Lately and SiriusXM. His no-nonsense, hilarious show is a night of big laughs and exciting entertainment. To reserve your tickets, visit: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=fhxig7bab&oeidk=a07ebngd06k042a06c3
JAXTOBERFEST- OCTOBER 9TH-10TH
Enjoy a bit of Germany Jaxtoberfest style! Last year, close to 50,000 attended this celebration in Downtown Jacksonville. This year Jaxtoberfest is moving to the center of the city – The St. John’s Town Center. Authentic, mouthwatering German traditional favorites such as bratwurst and pretzels, as well as some of Jacksonville’s finest food trucks will be on site offering a wide variety of tasty items throughout the day. For the kiddos, or the kid in you, we will also have a large variety of festival staples available.
Of course, the feast wouldn’t be complete without an ice-cold gulp of German beer. Multiple taps of tasty beers from several different breweries, including German-style brews and specifically selected local and national choices, will be featured. The festival will also include liquor, wine, water and soda.
Stein Holding Contest? Check. Brat Eating Contest? Check. Weiner Dog Races? Check. Pumpkin Bowling? Check. Large Inflatables? Check. Those are just a few of the Jaxtoberfest Outdoor Games for children AND adults. Visit http://www.eventbrite.com/e/jaxtoberfest-2015-tickets-18226341478?aff=USO2DAY&afu=152695627316 to purchase your tickets and support the Greater Jacksonville Area USO. 50% of ticket sales through the link above will be donated to the Greater Jacksonville Area USO.
NAS JAX “NO DOUGH” DINNER- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH
Wednesday, October 28th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the NAS JAX USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner” at FRA #91 located at 5391 Collins Road. This is free for Active Duty, National Guard, and their dependents. USO staff and volunteers will be serving jumbalya, corn bread, veggies, and dessert. Thank you “Institute of Real Estate Management” for sponsoring this dinner.
SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW- TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Looking for a fun experience of pampering and fun? Stop by the NAS Jax and Mayport USO offices to purchase discounted tickets to the Southern Women’s Show that will be held October 15th-18th at the Prime Osborn Convention Center. Tickets are $6 each/cash only and are on sale now. Discounted tickets are open to Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, Retirees, and dependents. Visit southernwomensshow.com for more information.
2015 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- SEE ATTACHED SCHEDULE FOR SALE DATES
Tickets are $20 each cash only and will include a meal voucher and access to a private USO lounge. Jaguars vs. Texans tickets will go on sale on Monday, October 5th.
JAGUARS TICKET GUIDELINES
1. Jaguar Ticket sales will begin at NOON at the MAYPORT AND NAS JAX USO Centers and at SUBASE Kings Bay Off Crew Building per the above schedule. Price is $20.00 per ticket (cash only) – All ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS, FLA NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVE PERSONNEL, RETIREES, and DEPENDENTS are eligible to purchase/use these tickets.
2. Military personnel with authorized dependents may buy a MAXIMUM of 4 tickets IF member and dependents equals 4, if you have less than 4 you may only purchase total for family, NOT 4, i.e. 1 for the service member and 3 for authorized dependents, only 2 if just military member and spouse, etc. Spouses may purchase tickets for military personnel, but under no circumstances are dependent children authorized to represent the service member/spouse to purchase tickets. Larger families desiring to purchase in excess of 4 tickets must be approved by the USO Center Director.
3. Single service members may purchase a MAXIMUM of 2 tickets, one for their use and one for a guest. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. For deployable commands, a request for a “block of game day tickets” may be requested by CO/XO/CMC only to the Executive Director. These blocks may be approved for commands either deploying or returning during the season. Requests, with justification, must be sent to Mike O’Brien, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. If anyone is caught purchasing excess tickets or reselling tickets he/she will be prohibited from buying any more tickets for the entire season.
6. THANK YOU for your support and we appreciate everyone’s honesty/integrity to ensure only authorized personnel purchase these tickets which ensures everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the NFL Experience. A special Thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their continued and exceptional support of our military and their families.
7. No over the phone transactions, tickets are first come, first served.
DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
The Daytona Beach Navy League in cooperation with Daytona International Speedway is offering a fund raising opportunity for your FRG, CPO Mess, First Class P O Assn., or other affiliated group. Daytona International Speedway is seeking groups to be paid Speedway Ambassadors during upcoming speedway events in January, February and March 2016. Duties will include greeting speedway guests and checking tickets. The Daytona Beach Navy League does not benefit financially from this endeavor and all of the proceeds are yours to keep. For more information, please contact the Daytona Beach Navy League at 386 677 1053 or email@example.com.
BRUMOS PROMOTION- NOW UNTIL NOVEMBER 11TH
Stop by the Bumos Lexus, Brumos Mercedes, or Brumos Porsche dealerships and make a donation to the Greater Jacksonville Area USO now through November 11th and Brumos Automotive will match donations up to $10,000. Donations can be made in person or online at brumos.com.
MASSAGE ENVY ONE MILLIONTH MASSAGE GIVEAWAY- ENTER TO WIN BY NOVEMBER 11TH
To celebrate their 1,000,000 massages and ten years serving the Jacksonville area, Massage Envy is giving away a year of FREE massages to one Active Duty or Retired Military member. Visit www.jaxuso.org for details and registration.
In addition to the numerous programs for our active duty personnel and family members, each USO Center (Mayport, NAS JAX, and JIA) offer:
<!Free Notary services (NAS and Mayport Centers ONLY).
- Free Fax services
- Free Copier services
- Free Internet services
SIGN-UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER: firstname.lastname@example.org SHARE WITH FRIENDS! If you would like to unsubscribe to this newsletter please send an email to email@example.com with your first and last name and email address!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JaxUSO
Follow us on Twitter @USOJAX
NAS JAX USO CENTER
P.O. Box 108, Bldg 1050
Jacksonville, FL 32212-0108
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org
MAYPORT USO CENTER
2560 Mayport Road
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
USO WELCOME CENTER
Jacksonville International Airport
Main Terminal, First Floor
Open 7 days a week from 7 am to 11 pm
Jim Bury – Director
904-305-4467(cell) or 904-741-6655
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org