USO INFORMATION BLAST
GREATER JAX USO
******* CFC# 97347 ******
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS TICKETS GO ON SALE TODAY AT 12:00 AT THE MAYPORT USO, THE NAS JAX USO, AND FROM 12:00-1:00PM AT THE OFF CREW BUILDING AT KINGS BAY.
IN THIS ISSUE: UNF Military Appreciation Night, NAS Jax “No Dough Dinner”, Hump Day Hotdogs at Mayport, Veterans Affairs Representative at Mayport USO, Jacksonville Jaguars, Holiday Food Drive, Mayport “No Dough Dinner”, American Legion Post 283 Blood Drive, Thanksgiving at the Hyatt, PAL Day.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT- NOVEMBER 17th
Active duty and veterans enjoy FREE admission to the University of North Florida men’s basketball event on Monday, November 17th at 5:00PM. Game day will also include military meal deals, giveaways, and an opportunity to meet the team.
NAS JAX “NO DOUGH” DINNER- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH
Wednesday, November 19th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the NAS Jax USO will host a “No Dough Dinner” at FRA #91 on Collins Road (5391 Collins Road). This is free for Active Duty Service Members, National Guard, and their dependents. The wonderful staff and volunteers will serve beef or chicken tacos, chips and salsa, and dessert. THANK YOU TO TIJUANA FLATS FOR SPONSORING THIS “NO DOUGH” DINNER.
HUMP DAY HOTDOGS- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH
Stop by the MAYPORT USO for a free hump day hotdog from 11:00AM-1:00PM sponsored by Grand Canyon University. A representative from Grand Canyon will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about going back to school.
VETERANS AFFAIRS REPRESENTATIVE AVAILABLE FOR APPOINTMENTS AT MAYPORT- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH
A Veterans Affairs Representative will be available for appointments at the MAYPORT USO on Thursday, November 20th from 9:30-1:30PM by appointment only. For more information or to schedule an appointment, see attached.
2014 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Date of Game Opponent Time Date Tix Sale Begins
Nov. 30th New York Giants 1:00PM Nov. 17th
Dec. 7th Houston Texans 1:00PM Nov. 24th
Dec. 18th Tennessee Titans 8:25PM Dec. 1st
***Note: City of Jax Military Appreciation Game.
TICKETS TO THE PRESEASON ARE OPEN TO ACTIVE, RETIRED, RESERVISTS, NATIONAL GUARD, VETS WITH ID AND DEPENDENTS.
JAGUARS TICKET GUIDELINES
1. Jaguar Ticket sales will begin at NOON at the MAYPORT, NAS JAX USO Centers and at SUBASE Kings Bay Off-Crew Building and Kings Bay Branch Medical Center per the above schedule:
NOTE: Price is $20.00 per ticket (cash only) this year – ACTIVE DUTY, NATIONAL GUARD AND RESERVISTS, RETIREES, VETERANS WITH ID, AND DEPENDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO THE REGULAR SEASON GAMES. EACH TICKET PURCHASED COMES WITH A MEAL VOUCHER.
2. For deployable commands, a request for a “block of game day tickets” may be requested by CO/XO/CMC only to the Executive Director. These blocks may be approved for commands either deploying or returning during the season. Requests, with justification, must be sent to Mike O’Brien, Executive Director at email@example.com .
3. If anyone is caught purchasing excess tickets or reselling tickets he/she will be prohibited from buying any more tickets for the entire season.
4. THANK YOU for your support and we appreciate everyone’s honesty/integrity to ensure only authorized personnel purchase these tickets which ensures everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the NFL Experience. A special Thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their continued and exceptional support of our military and their families.
5. No over the phone transactions, tickets are first come, first served.
HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE
The Mayport and NAS Jax USO offices are collecting donations of food items and gift cards for our annual holiday food basket program. Donations can be dropped off at either center during normal business hours. For more information on the program and ways you can help, please contact the Mayport office at (904) 246-3481 or the NAS Jax office at (904) 778-2821.
ACCLAIM ACADEMY’S THANKSGIVING FEAST- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND
Acclaim Academy would like to invite all Active Duty and Retired Military as well as their immediate family to their Thanksgiving Feast on Saturday, November 22nd from 1:00-3:00PM at Acclaim Academy Charter School. You must RSVP by Wednesday, November 19th. SEE ATTACHED FLYER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
AMERICAN LEGION POST 283 BLOOD DRIVE- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD
American Legion Post 283 located at 9459 Fort Caroline Road, Jacksonville Florida 32225, will be hosting The Blood Alliance on November 23rd 2014 from 8:00-12:00PM. Please come out and be a local hero by donating a pint of blood. Your donation could help up to three people in our local community.
MAYPORT USO “NO DOUGH DINNER” - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH
Monday, November 24th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the Mayport USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner”. This is free for Active Duty Service Members and their immediate families. The wonderful staff and volunteers will serve pizza, salad, and dessert. THANK YOU TO “UTC TIRE” FOR SPONSORING THIS “NO DOUGH DINNER”AND BURGER KING FOR BEING THE TITLE SPONSOR OF OUR “NO DOUGH DINNER” PROGRAM.
THANKSGIVING AT THE HYATT- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH
Celebrate Thanksgiving at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville and let them do the cooking. Military receives 20% off of the final bill. Thanksgiving dinner will be served from 12:00-4:00PM. SEE ATTACHED FLYER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
PAL DAY IN ST. AUGUSTINE- DECEMBER 6TH
The 57TH USO PAL DAY will be Saturday, December 6th in St. Augustine, Florida. Since 1957, the attractions in St. Augustine have shown their support and appreciation to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families by opening their doors FREE OF CHARGE. In addition, the members of Elks Lodge #829 (1420 A1A South) prepare and serve a FREE lunch from 10:30-3:00PM sponsored by the Greater Jacksonville Area USO. A LIST OF PARTICIPATING ATTRACTIONS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ONCE PARTICIPATING ATTRACTIONS ARE FINALIZED.
1. Participating attractions open to ALL military I.D. card carrying members; active duty, retired, Reserves, National Guard, etc.
2. One spouse per family must present military I.D. Card prior to entering an attraction.
3. Uniforms are NOT required – civilian attire authorized. However, command/unit ball cap is encouraged.
4. NOT all attractions in St. Augustine are open, free of charge to military I.D. card carrying members.
In addition to the numerous programs for our active duty personnel and family members, each USO Center (Mayport, NAS JAX, and JIA) offer:
<!Free Notary services (NAS and Mayport Centers ONLY).
- Free Fax services
- Free Copier services
- Free Internet services
SIGN-UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER: firstname.lastname@example.org SHARE WITH FRIENDS! If you would like to unsubscribe to this newsletter please send an email to email@example.com with your first and last name and email address!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JaxUSO
Follow us on Twitter @USOJAX
NAS JAX USO CENTER
P.O. Box 108, Bldg 1050
Jacksonville, FL 32212-0108
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org
MAYPORT USO CENTER
2560 Mayport Road
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
USO WELCOME CENTER
Jacksonville International Airport
Main Terminal, First Floor
Open 7 days a week from 7 am to 11 pm
Jim Bury – Director
904-305-4467(cell) or 904-741-6655
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org