GREATER JAX USO
******* CFC# 97347 ******
JAGUARS VS. STEELERS TICKETS GO ON SALE TODAY AT NOON. TICKETS ARE $20 EACH/CASH ONLY AND ARE OPEN TO ACTIVE DUTY, NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVES, RETIREES, AND DEPENDENTS.
IN THIS ISSUE: Mayport “No Dough” Dinner, Back to School Back Pack Drive, VA Representative at USO Mayport, Tampa Bay Rays Honor Pass, NAS Jax “No Dough” Dinner, BBQ for the Troops, Adventure Fun-raiser.
2015 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- SEE ATTACHED SCHEDULE FOR SALE DATES
Tickets for the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game will go on sale on Monday, July 27th at NOON at the NAS Jax and Mayport USO offices, the Off Crew Building at Kings Bay from 12:00PM-1:00PM. Tickets will be available at the USO at Cecil Field on Tuesday, July 28th from 11:00AM-1:00PM. * Tickets will only be on sale at Kings Bay on the first day tickets are available for purchase. If you miss tickets at the Off Crew Building, you will have to drive down to the NAS Jax or Mayport USO offices. Tickets are $20 each cash only and will include a meal voucher and access to a private USO lounge.
JAGUARS TICKET GUIDELINES
1. Jaguar Ticket sales will begin at NOON at the MAYPORT AND NAS JAX USO Centers and at SUBASE Kings Bay Off Crew Building per the above schedule. Price is $20.00 per ticket (cash only) – All ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS, FLA NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVE PERSONNEL, RETIREES, and DEPENDENTS are eligible to purchase/use these tickets.
2. Military personnel with authorized dependents may buy a MAXIMUM of 4 tickets IF member and dependents equals 4, if you have less than 4 you may only purchase total for family, NOT 4, i.e. 1 for the service member and 3 for authorized dependents, only 2 if just military member and spouse, etc. Spouses may purchase tickets for military personnel, but under no circumstances are dependent children authorized to represent the service member/spouse to purchase tickets. Larger families desiring to purchase in excess of 4 tickets must be approved by the USO Center Director.
3. Single service members may purchase a MAXIMUM of 2 tickets, one for their use and one for a guest. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. For deployable commands, a request for a “block of game day tickets” may be requested by CO/XO/CMC only to the Executive Director. These blocks may be approved for commands either deploying or returning during the season. Requests, with justification, must be sent to Mike O’Brien, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. If anyone is caught purchasing excess tickets or reselling tickets he/she will be prohibited from buying any more tickets for the entire season.
6. THANK YOU for your support and we appreciate everyone’s honesty/integrity to ensure only authorized personnel purchase these tickets which ensures everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the NFL Experience. A special Thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their continued and exceptional support of our military and their families.
7. No over the phone transactions, tickets are first come, first served.
MAYPORT USO “NO DOUGH DINNER”- MONDAY, JULY 27TH
Monday, July 27TH from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the Mayport USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner”. This is free for Active Duty Service Members and their immediate families. The wonderful staff and volunteers will serve sub sandwiches, chips, and dessert. Thank you to the “CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS” for sponsoring this meal.
MAYPORT ELEMENTARY VPK- WEDNESDAY, JULY 29TH
See attached for more information on the voluntary prekindergarten round up at Mayport Elementary. All children turning 4 on or before September 1, 2015 are eligible for the fall VPK program.
BACK TO SCHOOL BACK PACK DRIVE- ONGOING
The Mayport and NAS Jax USO offices are collecting school supplies and back packs to support military families in need. Donations can be dropped off at the NAS Jax office M-F 9:00AM-5:00PM and at the Mayport USO office M-F 9:00AM-9:00PM.
VA REPRESENTATIVE AT MAYPORT USO- THURSDAY, AUGUST 6TH
A Veterans Affairs Representative will be available for appointments at USO Mayport (2560 Mayport Road Atlantic Beach, FL 32233) on Thursday, August 6th, 2015; 0930 – 1500 (By appointment only).
SCOPE: Provide service members, Veterans and their family members with VA Benefits information to include but not limited to: Education, Disability Compensation, Dental Insurance Program, Pension, Health Care, Veterans Group Life Insurance, Burial Benefits, Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance, Vet Centers, Outpatient Clinics, E Benefits Website, Veteran Service Organization Information, and My Healthy E Vet Website.
VA POC FOR USO MAYPORT:
Robert F. Landry
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TO RESERVE AN APPOINTMENT
TAMPA BAY RAYS HONOR PASS- VALID THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON
The Tampa Bay Rays have a new program that benefits military personnel. The Rays Honor Pass is a pass that entitles military personnel to two complimentary tickets to all remaining Rays regular season home games. The Rays Honor Pass program will allow active-duty military personnel and retired or honorably discharged veterans to receive two tickets to any Rays home game throughout the remainder of the 2015 regular season. The Rays are also extending this courtesy to dependents of military personnel including any spouse, child or widow with a valid dependent ID.
To obtain a Rays Honor Pass, visit raysbaseball.com/HonorPass and verify active-duty, retired or honorably discharged veteran status through ID.me, a third-party MLB approved vendor. The Rays Honor Pass can be claimed at the Tropicana Field Gate 1 Box Office on the day of the first game the pass holder is attending.
Alternatively, fans may print and fill out a Rays Honor Pass application from the webpage and present it at the Gate 1 Box Office at Tropicana Field along with one of the following forms of military identification given below.
Accepted forms of ID include (subject to change):
“V” or “veterans” designation on a FL Driver’s License
Military ID Card
Common Access Cards (CAC) Smart ID Card
Uniformed Services ID Card
WD AGO Form 53-55
NA Form 13038
DD FORM 2765
Fans can begin using the Rays Honor Pass to attend games beginning July 24, the first homestand after the All-Star break.
For more information and to apply for the Rays Honor Pass, visit raysbaseball.com/HonorPass.
NAS JAX “NO DOUGH” DINNER- WEDNESDAY, JULY 29TH
Wednesday, July 29th from 5:00PM-7:00PM, the NAS JAX USO Center will host a “No Dough Dinner” at FRA #91 located at 5391 Collins Road. This is free for Active Duty, National Guard, and their dependents. We will be having wing night for dinner. Thank you “HURRICANE WINGS BAR AND GRILL” for sponsoring this dinner.
BBQ FOR THE TROOPS – CECIL FIELD AUGUST 6TH
The Greater Jacksonville USO in partnership with the INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE, JACKSONVILLE NAVY LEAGUE, and NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION will be hosting BBQ for the troops on Thursday, August 6th from 11:00AM-1:00PM. The menu for the BBQ includes chicken, coleslaw, baked beans, and rolls. The location is HITRON Coast Guard Headquarters Bldg. 1846, 6213 Aviation Avenue – entrance to the BBQ is the back bay doors adjacent to Crossover Street. BBQ is open to Active Duty military.
ADVENTURE FUN-RAISER- FRIDAY, AUGUST 14TH
The Mayport and NAS Jax USO offices are selling tickets for the Adventure Fun-Rasier to Adventure Landing on Friday, August 14th. Tickets are $10 each and include three hours of unlimited miniature golf, laser tag, go karts, wacky worm, and frog hopper. Tickets are open to everyone. *Note that this is not the same as the Military Appreciation Night at Adventure Landing event.
In addition to the numerous programs for our active duty personnel and family members, each USO Center (Mayport, NAS JAX, and JIA) offer:
<!Free Notary services (NAS and Mayport Centers ONLY).
- Free Fax services
- Free Copier services
- Free Internet services
SIGN-UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER: email@example.com SHARE WITH FRIENDS! If you would like to unsubscribe to this newsletter please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and email address!
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JaxUSO
Follow us on Twitter @USOJAX
NAS JAX USO CENTER
P.O. Box 108, Bldg 1050
Jacksonville, FL 32212-0108
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org
MAYPORT USO CENTER
2560 Mayport Road
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
USO WELCOME CENTER
Jacksonville International Airport
Main Terminal, First Floor
Open 7 days a week from 7 am to 11 pm
Jim Bury – Director
904-305-4467(cell) or 904-741-6655
To volunteer, please visit www.usovolunteer.org